Tuesday 10 August 2010

I havn't really been out on any photo shoots in the past few days. Hopefully I will tomorrow though...
I hope it rains in between with a few sunny spells. The sudden changes in lighting facinate me. During my recent holiday in Yorkshire, I managed to take photo's whilst the rain fell, this is something I hadn't quite experienced before. I always thought to myself... 'shouldn't go out, it's raining and overcast...' I failed to realise just how a dreary scene could be something much more than a warm, clean and pleasent one. Rainfall creates drama and the darker lighting provides eeriness.
I am quite pleased with these new developments in my work. I am looking forward to going out and producing this darker imagery with more feeling behind it.
My hometown has always been a special place to me. My father passed away when I was seven years old.... I remember going to work with him at the weekends. He used to work as a plant propagator. I became aware of plants and wildlife from an early age and Towneley Park was the place I spent much of my time. The majority of my photo's were taken here and so I think my next self set brief will be to recapture the areas from my childhood, this time appling elements of the weather. I might edit the images later in Photoshop for a desired look using filters etc.

4 comments:

  1. hey chick is there any chance i can get some pics of me and kids someday, although my dad's a semi-pro photographer ive got none, only got the ones ive taken or paid stupid amounts for, be much appreciated if you could xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry stace it zoe chad from primary lol forgot to put my name lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be great, thank you for asking Zoe. I will contact you in a couple of days and let you know of any ideas etc. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the color on overcast days is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete